Saturday, March 18, 2006

Vet on a Saturday

Toonses has been snoring and wheezing for the last day and a half and after googling "cat cold" on the internet last night, I think it is high time to get him in. But now the vet isn't answering or calling me back. Ah! Want to get my kitty help!

Here is Toonses:

Wheezy, breezy, beautiful.

In this picture, Toonses and I were stretched out on the couch, working on the blog while simultaneously watching TV. Nevermind my bizarre "work meets J-Lo outfit" - this is merely the result of changing into my velour sweat pants (fondly nicknamed "santa baby" as they were an x-mas gift from my mom, totally victoria's secret catolog) and not wanting to deal with changing my shirt, too. Sometimes the smallest things are too much after a work day. And the ubiquitous pashmina (bought 9 in India, each $2).

Vet just called! There was a cancellation for 11:00. Earlier, vet boy Jeff had told me they were only seeing clients for one hour today due to meetings. I think Toonses is so beloved at the vet that they made up a cancellation to squeeze him in. Toonses is featured in not one but TWO pictures on the wall in the waiting room. This is out of a total of maybe 40-50 pictures. He is their rescue kitten superstar. Sister (aka Susie Cupcakes) also won them over long ago with her cat volunteer work at Feline Rescue. Hooray Sister! Hooray Vet! Hooray Toonses crazy wheezing/snoring being cured!

In other news this week:

  • Bought bedroom set - so adult! Huge armoir. Come visit and see it.
  • Sleep Number bed arrived. I'm a 45. So is Anil. But my 45 doesn't = his 45. The sleep number is a complex and unique formulation, so says the salesman.
  • Going to the orchestra next week. The show features all ABBA songs. Anil is not thrilled. But it was my b-day present, thus, I choose the show.

Ok, must prepare Sir Toonses for the vet. Good thing he hearts car rides.

No comments: