Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Snow Day

Monday was a snow day for me. Well, technically I had to count it as a vacation day (sucky), but it would have been a hideous commute getting to work ("one of the worst storms in people's memories" - so dramatic!). On the other hand, the 3 co-workers who did get to work got to leave after 4 hours. However, if you count their commute times, it probably brings them closer to the appropriate 8 hours. I'm trying to make myself feel better about using one of my very limited vacation days (India took up 9!!!!! days).

Anyway, early Monday was spent glued to the news and the weather reports. Snow plows were going into ditches! Three city buses got jack-knifed on a major highway blocking traffic for over an hour.

The views from my windows:



So pretty! Boyfriend and I went out and got subs and "What Lies Beneath" and planted ourselves on the couch.

This morning, it's snowing again. Another 5-7 inches. Windy. Icey. No way am I using another vacation day so I have a nasty commute ahead of me. And I'm guessing most clients won't come again. Maybe I'll get to leave after 4 hours myself today!

Tomorrow is St. Patricks Day. Green beer will be in order.

No comments: