Monday, September 26, 2005

Pot Pie

Pot Pie

Boyfriend and I made pot pies yesterday night for dinner. Boyfriend chose the heartier Marie Callender turkey pot pie, while I stuck with a standard Banquet turkey pot pie. How delicious they smelled cooking in the oven. Simply look at our joyous faces after plating the pot pies (the upside down style was something boyfriend insisted on).

We both thoroughly enjoyed our Sunday night feast. Mmmmm....pot pie.

Weddings

This weekend will be wedding intensive. First I will be a bridesmaid in my friend Susan's wedding (I was an intern with her a couple years ago). We (meaning boyfriend and I) will leave for Albert Lea from Minneapolis on Friday morning. We'll stay in Albert Lea through Sunday (bonus of tiny MN towns- very cheap hotels!) and then we shall drive back through Minneapolis to check on the meow mix before heading to a small state park about 30 minutes outside of the city for a wedding of a friend of a friend of boyfriend's. Boyfriend is very popular and jovial so he is invited to friend of friends' weddings. I would like to mention that I have been growing out my nails for wedding #1 (the one for which I am a bridesmaid). Note: I have not had nails this long since maybe 5th grade? Take this nail-biting habit! Boo-ya!



Bit of a monster hand there.

Cats

Now, I leave you with some cat images...my most favorite subject to photo.


Monsieur Gray, the cat who sleeps at least 20 hours each day.

Ooh! Regardez le chat gris qu'il attend sur le parapluie! Il est tres grand et magnifique. J'adore cet chat gris! Vraiment, j'adore! Est-ce que je peut ecrit le langue francais? Non! Absolutement non!

2 comments:

Susie Cupcakes said...

Unique and fun? I'd say a poncho/sombrero/chaps combo might do the trick.

Why upside down pot pies?

Dr. Hectic said...

Upside down is the only way to remove them from the service trays, in my experience. It is painful conundrum, to choose the tasty flaky crust on top, or the succulent undercrust, flipped to the top. Whatever is on the bottom simply absorbs the filling, so you can't have it both ways. Maybe flip one and leave one upright...